2022 Speaker Series
- This event has passed.
The National Museum of Transportation is hosting an exciting free professional Speaker Series from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. on the second Thursday of the month. The series begins June 9, 2022, and continues through November 10, 2022, at our Earl C. Lindburg Automobile Center on the Mezzanine. To view the series flyer, please go here.
The series is open to the the general public and no admission is required, but advanced reservations are recommended. Registration can be completed by going here.
The topics and presenters are:
- June 9 – Brian Fogarty, Railroads for Breakfast, or the High-Iron Diet
- July 14 – Fr. Tom Keller, The Old Monopoly: Wiggins Ferry Co. and Influences on the Railroads
- August 11 – Doug Schneider, How Railroads Shaped St. Louis
- September 8* – Amanda Clark, More Than a Bridge (on James B. Eads)
- October 13* – Ed Dickens, who ran the working restoration, and continues to run the touring, of the “Big Boy” steam locomotive, Union Pacific No. 4014
- November 10 – David Lobbig, Bridging the Confluence: Building the Eads and Bellefontaine Spans
*September/October Speaker events might be swapped depending on Ed Dickens’s schedule.